30 August 2008

Overcoming a Broken Heart




Step One:

Allow yourself time to heal, and know that you can heal. Whether the loss is due to death, rejection, or other reason.
It is normal to grieve over a loss of a love for any reason.
It usually takes two to three years for a couple whose relationship has broken up to begin to put their lives back together again. It sometimes takes five years for individuals and families to get over the emotional pain and trauma. Many people can have serious health and emotional problems during this time.


Step Two:

Realize that you still can find happiness.
Realize that you can control how you think, what you think about, and how much.
A key is to concentrate on the positives you have in the present. Not thinking about the future or past.

Healing Helpers

Being around people and getting involved in helping others is a good way to accelerate the proces of healing.
Laughing helps too, so see a comedy, watch funny things. That is part of the reason the Irish have a party when someone passes away.
Helping others helps you loose sight of your own losses.
It is strongly suggested that you take the intensity of your feelings and re-direct them into doing something constructive that helps others. For me, it was creating this web site and doing volunteer work that helps others. Do volunteer work, it can help the healing process greatly. Especially, if the volunteer work envolves working with others, and feeling gratitude from those you are helping. The channeling the power of your feelings to accomplish constructive acts is very, very helpful.

Step Three:

Actively work to feel better.
Act happy and smile.
Even if you don't feel that way, it should start to make you feel that way.
Life will be better.

If you love something...let it go, if it comes back to you it was truly meant to be.
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to him.

Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me.
They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you.
I don’t miss him, I miss who I thought he was.

It’s hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone when your heart still does.
Moving on is simple, it’s what you leave behind that makes it so difficult.
Never be sad for what is over, just be glad that it was once yours.
I was born the day I met you, lived a while when you loved me,
died a little when we broke apart.

One day you'll love me, the way I loved you.
One day you'll think of me the way I thought of you.
One day you'll cry for me, the way I cried for you.
One day you'll want me, but I won't want you.
How can I forget you when you r always on my mind?
How can I not want you when you're all I want inside?
How can I let you go when I can't see us apart?
How can I not love you when you control my heart?

I wish you could look at me and see the person you once loved instead of the person you have grown to hate.

"I know in reality we can't be together, so I just close my eyes and you're right here with me... in my dreams you're mine forever."
"I was reborn when you first kissed me. Part of me died when you left me. But now I still live, waiting for the day you return to me."
"There is one pain I often feel which you will never know because it is caused by the absence of you."



No comments: