31 December 2009

2009, Another milestone To a Year That Was!

Who would've thought that after more than a year, I'm already blogging an ode to 2009! It has surely been a milestone despite the obvious absebce here and there on my blog!! Somehow, I'm really depressed in bidding farewell to this year which is so unusual of me. I'm usually waiting impatiently and eagerly counting down the hours for the year to end. I'll also be looking foward to my new plans and resolutions. However, this time around, 'm not so keen and ready.

But as traditionally as ever, I've fallen sick, yet again!! It's an old-sake ritual, always falling sick when the year wraps up! The only differance this year is, I'm working on New Year's Eve night!! I'll make it home for the countdown.

2009 started off pretty badly for me especially in the homefront. Arguments were never-ending. My only confidante at that time was my best GF & her family. Then my health deteriorated. I was going through massive fever due to some unexpected infection. That was very traumatic for me. I lost abundant of weight, which in a way I was glad of.

Then I met a few characters along the way. Some were nasty, predictable and plain boring. Finance & employment hiccups took quite a toll on me. Although, I was hit pretty badly, I never gave up my determination to be what I wanted to be. No doubt there were objections from home but i never deterred.

2009 also made me different, spiritually. I was given many opportunities to 'visit' God to offer my prayers and gratitude. I also managed to go to my hometown a few times. I had the chance to visit places I've never been and also a place which I've missed badly, the beach.

Mid-year, or after a year to be exact, something which i lost badly the previous year, was rekindled. I did my fair share of celebrating independance, still am!! I was very skeptical and overly cautious at first but then I developed some faith and am just going with the flow. No expectations, no rules, unconditional, trustworthy. I'm not going to fill-in further than this except to say Thank You!!

The final quater of the year gave me a few shocks! People changed in a way which I never could've imagined. I was beginning to worry not for them but for myself. I was beginning to have doubts and worry to those surrounding me. Which is the truth? I became depressed, fell sick again, started blaming & hating myself for whatever I did! then I realised, that i shouldn't care for I'm not the one at fault. I'm in the right path, alone, struggling but the fear ain't that bad because I know the truth for myself, my life. God will guide and show me the truth.

In a matter of few hours, all this would be over and I have the confidence in myself for 2010. I can feel it'll be a justifying year for me for I know what to do. Just need some reliable shouldersand pillars by my side. I'm surely gonna miss the good ol' 2009 for it was a real adventurous journey. But this time, my journey needs to be set straight so that I can travel further. No pain, No gain!

Have a blessed New Year & may God bless everyone in good health, happiness, justice & world peace!

Auld Lang Syne, 2009!!

No comments: