14 August 2008

SOUL SEARCHING.....


I've been going through a roller-coaster emotional time ever since Aug started. (Ironically same thing happened exactly last year!!) Physically & emotionally drained to the bone. I gave up hope in everythin that surrounded me. Weekends was never enjoyable as it used to be. I felt trapped.

However, 08-08-08 did bring a pinch of luck to me..only not on that day itself but the next. Hey! Now it strikes me....09-08-08...9 happens to be my lucky number! Born on the 9th, name consists of 9 letters & 9 happens to be the ultimate number in Chinese Feng Shui!!! Cun!!!

Anyways, focusing back on my issue. After cheering and being blown away by the MONSTROUSITY of the Olympics opening...then putting up in my blog...i dragged myself to slumberland...ZZZZZ..... I was rudely awakened by Mummy's thunderous knocks on the room door, reminding me the appointment for servicing my car. Sigh!! MOTHERS!!!

Halfway through the service i was imagining myself roaming on my own, strolling around shop lots in Mid Valley Megamall (MDV). It use to be my constant hang-out before..in fact let me just say, it was...eh! IS my 2nd home. Then it hit me!! Why not make my fantasy a reality? So, i casually turned to Mummy telling her that i had the urge to go to My Home....i kept my fingers crossed prayin that she wouldn't plan to follow!! (I'm not being evil-la! Just needed time on my own and besides, she gets tired easily when in malls.) Sadly, she wanted to :(

I was trying hard to find solutions to change her mind....now i was really servicing my brains then! My handphone beeped and when i read the sms, my heart skipped in joy! My BGFF, Cher, had plans to meet up her sis and return to hometown..her dog died...God Bless.....and where do you think this was to take place? Yes, you guessed rite!! MDV!!!
Aaaahhh!!! God answered my prayers!! AMEN

So, mom took a rain cheque when she knew i had company..YAHOO!! I rushed back home, got dressed and soon we 2 chicas were cruising to MY HOME :P I did a mind check-list of what i would do and buy in MDV.

When i landed my feet on my home ground...boy!! It really felt like a new birth-day to me! We started off with breakfast at....not Tiffany's...well i wished..but..THE GARDENS. Her treat!! Then she introduced to me.....BORDERS....a new bookstore which i never knew about. I'm not an avid reader or even a reader as a matter of fact...but lately i've been having these hunger-pangs for books.


I was mesmerized by the History section in BORDERS. Really dumfounded for words, man!! I won't really say that i'm a History buff but my liking to the subject is pretty incredible....still beats me!! Even the study on religions made me awe-struck!!



Cher bought some really disturbing criminal-thriller-mystery books. Made me worry a while.....
After purchasing reading materials we were out of the library. Then i was in total shock when i saw this weird guy standin in one of the lots, carrying a skull in his hand!! I even bumped into 2 adorable kids, playing near a pond of water in a super buzzeee restaurant, covering themselves with a lotus leave!! How cute...

Cutie pies, aren't they?

Tis de Weirdo...INDY JONES himself!!

Cher dragged me into this DVD shop which sold all the latest soap dramas on TV. She was hooked at the aisle of Criminal Minds, Bones, Numbers.....you know what i mean? 15 minutes she was nailed to the floor, deciding which to buy and was doing calculations on the expenses. Phew!! Finally, she made up her mind & fulfilled her dreams!!


Cher's Obsessions




Then i was snapping some shots in The Gardens.

It's SUMMERTIME & check out de MARTINI!! WANT IT!!




Tis is actually the entrance of....CHINA....no lah! Some Penang Cuisine restaurant & there was an ancient trishaw too with GURNEY DRIVE signboard behind it.


Our feet were navigating themselves to the next stop, MPH. Now, i was in a much more familiar ground. I quickly took out my checklist and headed for searching my items to buy. I had everythin exept for 1 book!! I panicked!! What was i to do now? I MUST have this book!!! Frantically i was searching for assistance....left....right....then....a message from Heaven....CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I practically ran towards the counter!! The guy quicly typed the title i was looking for and told me to wait at the Reading Circle area while another staff would be back with my book shortly. How lovely!

I sat in the most comfortale couch ever and started flipping through the books i had in hand. Suddenly there was a terrible scream! It was a voice of a female! Her cries were so screechy and she was shrieking in pain!! A few other staffs were running into this room from where the girl was and shut the door behind them. I got a little scared and started wondering what was happening. Then i heard the guys chanting prayers...Quran verses to be exact & at that point the hairs of my body rose!! The voice changed from a female to a MALE!!! And it was grunting in anger hearing the chants!! Spine-chilling experience!!! This was true EXORCISM!!! I started chanting my prayers and hurried the staff at the counter for my book as i had an emergency appointment...YEA RITE!!! I wanted to escape from thr!!!

I bought my books and also a monthly vice....hehe...wondering what it is?

Motivational

I need tis juz in case i go to Pareee....

Tis is my VICE!!

I went home feeling so content and in peace. Was kinda happy too!! Then i decided that i should do this at least once a month with my GF.

Go Girl Power!!

2 comments:

Edmund Lau said...

Finally got to read the full account of your "epic" trip to Mid-Valley. You went from History in Borders to an Exorcism in MPH, while picking up crime-DVDs with a friend and motivational-books for yourself. Very satisfying trip, if I must say. Only slightly less eventful compared to Indy's search for the Holy Grail! :)

Glad you had a good trip back to Malacca. As for me, it was three sleepless nights with some crazy friends from the Land of SIN. See you soon...

~ Edmund

. JennRaj . said...

Indy in search for the Holy Grail? He did? I thought it was the Crystal Skull? Holy Grail was....Tom Hanks, rite?
How's my blog so far?